Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dogs in Lacoste


In my mind, Savannah is known for its awesome cats that I find around the streets. Jones cat, Calvin, Garbage Butt, Punkin, Puddles, Buddha...* We go out of our way to name them, regardless of whether or not their owners (if they have any) put tags on them.
Here in Lacoste, there are a few cats, but even better are the dogs! Not because I'm one of those people that claims one species is superior, but because I rarely see free roaming dogs. People don't let their dogs loose in Savannah like they do their cats. One little guy here resembles Wishbone and likes to follow people around town until a new group comes along and pets him. There is a golden retriever that is always going somewhere, and will only stop momentarily to be petted, and barely reacts. He just stops walking like a train pausing on a track. 
This guy was at the goat gate watching Taylor eat pizza with adorable intensity. He apparently came out of nowhere. He was a beauty, though he moved more than my camera can deal with.

*Feel free to guess which of those names are given by owners. Two of them are not thought up by myself, my roomies or my boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment